At Bitso, Product Managers (PMs) are key players in building and delivering great products that add value to our customers. They are accountable for doing so with a team composed of people with different functions. Among the key stakeholders, you may find software developers, designers, data scientists, Sales, and many others. PMs are also responsible for the speed and quality of the team’s decisions in order to maximize customer value and business impact. Truly great PMs at the Institutional Tribe will, over time, shoulder ever-greater ownership responsibility for realizing the Bitso's vision of building the infrastructure for the future of money.
As a Senior Product Manager (SPM) you will be working closely with sales, customers, and engineers to learn about the market and customer needs and build the products that will deliver value to our customers.
Who You Are
- Proven English fluency.
- 4+ years of experience within the fintech or payments industry, preferably in Mexico.
- 2-3 years of experience working as a Product Manager or Sr Product Manager, preferably in startups following agile methodologies.
- Product Managers at Bitso turn data into action, therefore we will consider candidates that can prove to be Analytically minded, Ability to build strong relationships of trust across distinct stakeholders, navigating the added complexity of working across geos in a global business, and in a remote environment
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Product manager at Bitso are often in the need of convincing, explaining and negotiating. For that reason we want you to have excellent communication skills in both spanish and english.
- Great willingness to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Crypto experience is not a requirement. However, you will be expected to be a fast learner
- You’re intellectually curious and think creatively
- Experience working with B2B products/industries (having direct contact with business customers, understanding their needs, pain points, and aligning an action plan with them) and / or crypto or financial services would be a plus.
What You Will Do
- Drive product development – from conception to launch – of the products and product solutions you are accountable for, including complex “0 to 1” new platform capabilities
- Support the building up of business cases for new products and product iterations
- Ensure that the Institutional Tribe’s and your team’s Objectives are achieved, proactively eliminating blockers and executing solutions
- Keep updated with the regulatory landscape, regularly engaging with the legal and compliance teams to ensure our products are compliant with applicable laws and regulations
- Develop a deep understanding of customers by data analysis and customer interviews.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative insights to develop hypotheses and make product decisions. You also know when and how to balance data with intuition
- Define, prioritize and communicate long-term product goals, breaking them down into tangible hypotheses/deliverables
- Craft compelling product proposals with strong business case to gain the buy-in of an executive audience
- Partner with engineers, designers, sales, marketing, customer operations, strategy, and analytics teams
- Define, guide and execute our product strategy to deliver tools that empower our customers
- Define clear success metrics, and support your team to achieve them
- Communicate and collaborate with leaders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines
- Contribute to others’ growth through mentoring and building capabilities across the organization, rolling up your sleeves to support any teammate in need
- Work towards building a strong product culture where your team understands the importance of continuous testing and learning, leveraging data and customer feedback to come up with actionable insights and drive business performance.
- Be the voice of your teams across the organization
- Deeply understand market landscape, competitors and trends that can impact your products and Bitso as a whole
Research in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion suggests that individuals may hesitate to apply for jobs if they do not meet all the listed criteria. At Bitso, we value diversity and your unique strengths could be just what we're looking for. If this role excites you but you don't match every point in the description, we still want to hear from you.